The ominous moment when you realize that you have locked your keys in the car can wash over you like an overwhelming tidal wave. It’s easy to jump right into a pool of worry, but take a deep breath. It’s going to be okay. Here are some tips about what you should do when you are locked out of a car or home before calling your Lubbock locksmith. Note: If a child is locked in the car, notify the police or fire department immediately to get them out as quick as possible. You can also call Anytime Unlock, who provides free emergency unlock if a child is locked in a car.
Keep Calm – Fear can be an overwhelming thing, but don’t let it sink its teeth into you. If you lock your keys in your car, first and foremost stay calm. Then truly consider your options.
Consider Your Options – Fear can be an overwhelming thing, but don’t let it sink its teeth into you. If you lock your keys in your car, first and foremost stay calm. Then truly consider your options.
- Are all the doors locked? Can I check the trunk to see if I can get through? When you’re in your car, it doesn’t always mean that every door is secure. And sometimes you aren’t always as locked out as you think.
- Am I opening the knob or grabbing the handle to open the door hard enough? This might seem trivial, but a lot of people just aren’t using enough force when they try to open their door.
- Do I know where my spare keys are located? This solves the problem altogether!
- Should I call a friend or family member? If you need help, give your trusted loved ones a call.
After you have calmly considered your options, now it’s time to plan. If you answered all the questions above and you still don’t have a solution for being locked out of your car, there is still hope!
- Call Dealership about Temporary Key – Sometimes dealerships can create an inexpensive temporary key. Give your dealership a call.
- Check Insurance Coverage – Call your insurance provider to see if you have Coverage.
- Call Reliable Lubbock Locksmith – If you don’t have insurance, call a reputable locksmith. An uncontested leader of the Lubbock locksmith industry, Anytime Unlock has a $30 emergency automotive unlock and $20 residential unlock. Their team of experienced locksmiths is ready to help you out at any time, offering 24/7 service. And with prices like those, it’s hard to say no!
Before it happens again, plan for the future. You can get an extra key made and keep it on you at all times. You can also consider upgrading to a keyless entry system, which eliminates the issue altogether. Anytime Unlock is here for all of your Lubbock locksmith needs.